I’ve been so busy this week that I haven’t had time to sit down and type up this blog post. At first I was irritated then I remembered this is something I should be thankful for. Not having enough time to do something because I’m surrounded by family. 💜
Last year I told myself I’d sit down and type this up, schedule it, and be done weeks before Thanksgiving but here I am, the day after Thanksgiving typing it up. Lol.
This last year has had many ups and downs, all of which I’m thankful for. We’ve been through so many changes, both good and bad, and have come to terms with how things have come into play.
Let’s just get started on what I am thankful for, not only this time of year but every day.
- My girls – Even on the days where I am completely frustrated with them they are teaching me about myself and how to be the best mom and person I can be. Over the last ten years (ughhhhhhhh) I have learned so much from them and I know that I will only continue to learn more as the years pass. I couldn’t have been blessed with better kids.
- My husband – Everyday he gives me another reason to be thankful. He’s an amazing father to our girls, an amazing husband, always there when we need him. Again, I couldn’t have been blessed with a better husband. He is so supportive of everything I do and always willing to help when I need it.
- Family – This is where the most ups and downs have been over the last year. It’s tough when you want nothing more than to have that perfect family who is supportive, helpful, etc and you don’t have that. I have come to terms that it is okay that I don’t have that picture perfect family and that not everyone does. I have a lot to be thankful for and it won’t change anything to sit and dwell on this. My in-laws pick up the slack of my own family when it comes to support and being there, and for that I am extremely thankful.
- Friends – I don’t have many friends but that allows me to be extra thankful for the ones that I do have. They listen to my venting and rants about seemingly small bullshit and don’t judge me for any decision that I have made. I don’t have to worry about drama or bullshit because they are always up front and honest with me.
- My health – With all the health scares I have seen lately I am incredible thankful for my good health. I used to take it for granted. When my grandpa passed away it hit me that you never know and to always be thankful.
- Mistakes I have made in the past – If it wasn’t for those mistakes I wouldn’t be who I am today.
- My education – There are so many people who want to go to school but don’t have that opportunity so this is another thing I do not take for granted.
- Social Media – Both Facebook and Twitter have allowed me to create amazing friendships and for that I am forever thankful and grateful.
I could continue on and on but the littles are telling me in lunch time.
What are you thankful for? Leave a comment telling me what you’re thankful for.