Let’s talk about five things I’ve learned about blogging or the blogging community!
- There is no perfect schedule that will fit every blogger! Before I started blogging I was looking at tons of blogs, Pinterest schedules, etc. trying to see the schedule that most people followed. What I found was that although most people post twice a week that you have to find a schedule (or don’t have one at all) that works for your life!
- The blogging community has lots of helpful and nice people! I was so scared that I would find the “bigger” bloggers to be unhelpful when it came to my blog. However, I have found LOTS of helpful people that regardless of their follow count or success rate are very welcoming to new bloggers!
- You don’t have to only have one niche! When I first sat down to figure out my niche I was like “Man, am I going to be able to create enough content on a single niche??” And it was overwhelming! I blog about a number of things and still get views, likes, and comments so I’d say it’s a win! LOL!
- It’s a lot of work… I had NO IDEA the amount of time, effort, and pain went into having a blog. I thought I’d write stuff and people would interact. Nope. It’s definitely not that easy but I love it!
- Setting goals helps tremendously! My first couple years blogging I never set goals and always gave up because I wasn’t into it anymore. Creating goals and actively working to achieve them has helped me connect not only with other bloggers but my blog as well. I enjoy blogging now! It’s amazing what a couple goals, no matter how small, will do!
What are some things you’ve learned since beginning your journey? Share in the comments below!