First, a hugeeeee thanks to Stephanie over at One Caring Mom who nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. As her blog title shows she is a fellow mom blogger who I love following and have loved getting to know through her posts. Her slogan is “Join One Caring Mom on a journey to help others through personal experiences…” and she does a great of doing so.
Stephanie shares a variety of different topics and life experiences on her blog from motherhood to cooking to breastfeeding to household. Make sure you check her out! She’s a great person and an amazing writer with lots of experience to share and help us through.
Sunshine Blogger Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to the original post!
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- HAVE FUN!
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I enjoy interacting with others in the community, getting my experiences out there, helping others, and having a spot that I can call my own!
- If you had one week to yourself to do whatever you wanted, no matter the cost, what would you do?
I would go to Hawaii and enjoy the peace and quiet away from my chaos but I would definitely miss them a couple days in!
- What is the biggest thing you’ve learned from your having your blog?
Boy, have I learned a lot from blogging but mostly that whatever you’re going through there is something else to share that experience with. I have met so many amazing bloggers who share their experiences and have become sites that I check out daily. I also learned how much I love writing. Blogging has been a lot of work but work that I enjoy doing.
- What is your favorite season and why?
Fall, definitely. I love that I can dress comfy, in leggings and a sweater, and fit in with everyone else! I also love the different fun family themed activities that you can do in the fall as well as Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love spending the time with my family at the different fall festivals.
- How do you balance running a blog and having a life?
I generally blog after my kids go to sleep at night or I will jump on to check things out while they are playing or watching a movie. This allows me to focus on my blog, not feel rushed to write my content, and also give enough time and attention to my kids.
- In what ways do you practice self-care?
This is something that I need to work on A LOT. I try to stay up for a bit after the girls go to bed to have time to myself to read, work on my blog, etc. but with a newborn who isn’t sleeping through the night yet it is kind of hard. I do take time once my husband gets home to get a bath when I need one or to run out and do errands by myself.
- Where do you find your inspiration to write meaningful content?
My kids, mostly. I blog mostly about things that I have gone through and I want to share those situations so that others who have gone through it or are going through it know that they’re not alone. If I can help one person then I’ve done my job. My kids give me reason everyday to keep going and keep blogging even on my bad days.
- Are there any other bloggers that inspire you?
Honestly, I can’t just choose a few. I love every blog that I follow because they each offer something that I can relate to. I have met SO many amazing bloggers through my blog and I am very thankful for that.
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
Finding something new to talk about. I have had trouble planning out topics the past few months and I did Blogtober to help me get out of that rut and it did help. I have a couple things scheduled for next week. I feel like everything I want to talk about has already been talked about but I need to remember that even going through the same exact situation people see if differently so my post will be different than those that have already talked about it.
- Is there something you wish you’d have done differently when you started your blog?
I wish I would have put more time and effort into my blog. I have had this blog for almost five years but up until last year I didn’t take it serious. I blogged here and there and didn’t really promote anything, aside from it being posted to my social media. Now I am interacting with others, promoting my content, and working harder to make it successful.
- What is your favorite song and why?
I have so many but I think right now my favorite is Mercy by Brett Young. I’m not sure why but the lyrics speak to me. LOL.
Now, who shall I nominate??
Jackie at This Halcyon Life
Aanchal at A Cup Full of Musings
Chelsea at Completely Chelsea
Kiala at Ky Bellamy
Amabel at Bels Pixie
Hannah at Cotton Pickin’ Classy
Carly at Pretty Style of Living
Kirsty at Kirsty Through The Looking Glass
Morgan at Binkies, Bottles, and Babies
Carrie at The Mommy on the Move
- What made you start blogging?
- What post of yours do you wish had received more attention?
- What is your go to Fall recipe?
- What would you ask for if the answer was a guaranteed yes?
- What is one tip you have for promoting your blog/content?
- Where do you blog from? (office, couch, bed, etc)
- What is one thing about you that surprises people?
- What are three of your highlights from October?
- Who’s your favorite blogger and how did you discover them?
- How do you wind down after a long week?
- If you could create your own blogging tag what would it be?
So much thank and love to all of my readers! I read every comment and always try to comment back.
Until next time..