Goal (n): the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” I have always loved this quote by Antoine De Saint Exupery. When you are setting goals you have to make a plan or guideline as to the steps you will take to get to your goal. I have made, and met, quite a few goals in the last couple years but I always have more to keep me going! Even things as simple as grocery shopping I make a game plan and follow it. It just makes everything so much easier.
There is an acronym that I learned a while back when it comes to making and setting goals. SMART.
S – Specific, significant, stretching
M – Measurable, meaningful, motivational
A – Agreed upon, attainable, achievable, acceptable, action-oriented
R – Realistic, relevant, reasonable, rewarding, results-oriented
T – Time-based, time-bound, timely, tangible, trackable
Think of this acronym the next time you make a goal for yourself! It makes it easier to attack and less likely that you’ll end up bummed from not making it.
So, what are some of my goals?
- Get better at getting my assignments done before the day they’re due. I’ve been getting worse and worse with my procrastinating and get so overwhelmed come due day for all of my assignments. I’d like to have myself back on my weekly routine by mid November.
- Finish my bachelors program and figure out what’s next for me school or job wise. I would like to have this accomplished by summer 2019. As of right now I am scheduled to graduate May 2019 so this should be pretty easy to accomplish. I’ve got F I V E classes standing between me & my degree!
- Get ahead on lesson planning. I was doing pretty well with this at one point then I had E and fell off the routine. I would like to get school lesson plans laid out up until Christmas/New Year holiday by middle of November.
- By the end of the year I’d like to declutter our homeschool stuff and figure out a better way to store & organize everything.
- Blog twice a week, every week and lay out ideas for new topics and such. This is an ongoing goal for myself that I’d like to accomplish each month.
That’s just a few that I’ve got laid out for myself.
What are some of your life goals?
Until next time…