In our house we don’t do Elf on the Shelf because well… I don’t want to deal with it and I don’t think my oldest would believe the whole idea behind it.. she’s 11 and I’m honestly surprised we still get to do the whole Santa thing with her.
However, I have decided to share a few ideas that I have seen others do and some that I have found on Pinterest to give you some ideas and hopefully this will help you for the remainder of the season!
- Cuddled with a cozy blanket in the fridge
- TP the tree
- Snow angels in sugar, flour, or sprinkles
- Making s’mores over an electric tea light candle
- Decorate toilet paper rolls as a snowman
- Draw minions on bananas
- Roll down stairs in a TP roll
- Story time with kids’ dolls or other small toys
- Bubble bath in a crockpot full of marshmallows
- Coloring in new coloring books brought for children
- Zip lining through the living room (or any room)
- Elf brings new pajamas or small toys
- Elf brings a Christmas Eve box
- Popcorn & Christmas movie
I hope that these ideas will help you enjoy this tradition with your kids, or at least allow them to laugh and enjoy it! I don’t actually think I have heard a parent say they enjoy this little Elf after the first couple days of having to move him. LOL.
Anyway, I hope that you will check out my other Blogmas posts and continue to stick around for the rest of them! I will have a post go live every morning at 8 am!