Yup, you read that right! I have been nominated once again for the Liebster Award! This is such an honor, really.
First I would like to thank Lili at Lili’s Blissful Pages for nominating me! If you follow that link you will find her award post! On her blog you will find book reviews, reading challenges, and lists of books she has read! Her reviews are well written and I have found a couple books that I actually want to check out myself! Go see if you can find any new books to add to your 2019 reading list! Again, you’ll find her at Lili’s Blissful Pages.
I am hoping that this award will kick start my ideas for the next couple months of blog topics as I have been in a slump lately and haven’t come up with any new content. This award means so much to me because being a new blogger is tough. I have made amazing friends in the blogging community and because of them and you, the readers, I continue to want to get better at this whole blogging thing. In the last year or so that I have actually taken the time to put more focus on my blog I have gained so much knowledge and I feel like my content has improved tons, as well.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their post!
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
- Come up with your own 11 questions!
- Nominate 11 bloggers and make sure to tell them you nominated them!
Questions from Lili
- What do you blog about?
I blog about a variety of things. Kids, family, school, homeschooling, marriage. I don’t have one niche that I really follow but I guess you could say that all rolls into family.
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging a few years ago, just about six, when I needed something more than a diary of sorts. My blog started off as an anonymous blog that I used to vent and talk about different things I was going through in the moment to get them off my chest. I just made my blog public towards the end of last year and I gotta say, I have been loving it.
- What type of blog posts do you love to read?
I love to read anything, really. I tend to get into ones that surround family or homeschooling but I do love reading book reviews and movie reviews as well.
- Any quirk you want to share with us?
I don’t think so? LOL.
- What’s your favorite book of all time? If you’re not a reader, what’s your
favorite film or show?
I don’t really have a favorite book, per say. I love reading and will read almost anything. My favorite movie, right now, is probably Wonder. I love that it ties in bullying and learning to be yourself no matter what. My favorite TV show is This Is Us.. I got drawn in from the very first episode and leak out of my eyes every time that I watch it.
- What place/country, fictional or real, would you love to live in?
Hmm. I have never visited any country outside of the US so this is always hard for me to choose. I think if I had to choose I would go somewhere where it’s warm all year with beautiful clear oceans.
- Favorite blog post of yours that you want us to read? Why is it your favorite? Leave the link.
I don’t just have one. As I am nearing my last semester of my bachelor degree I am really getting into wanting to learn all that I can about Hospice care and what they have to offer. I wrote a piece about why I chose Hospice, or really how it chose me.. and one about Grief which if it was not for my time with a Hospice Agency I would have no idea the amount of different ways or losses that one can grieve. Here are the links to them.
Hospice.. for real?
Grief – how do I cope?
- What is your dream job?
My dream job is to be a medical social worker in the hospice field. If you read the post about why I chose hospice you will understand a little more of why I am going down that path.
- Any memorable childhood experience you can’t get over with?
Anything having to do with my grandparents. I have so many with them and all of them make me super emotional. I still can’t believe they’re both gone.
- What’s your main goal for 2019?
Blog – Reach 4,000 views and 250 followers!
Life – ME TIME. I need to focus more on me and stop running myself dry doing for everyone else.
- Any pet peeves?
Man oh man.. do I ever. I hate when people say one thing and do another. I hate when people make promises and don’t follow through. I hate when people lie. I hate when people don’t put their kids before themselves. I could go on and on but you get the point. LOL.
Victoria from Victoria Austin
Harley from Passion and Chaos
Emily from Emily Aagaard
Giuli from The High-Heeled Paper Girl
Katherine from The Soprano Scoop
Katie-Beth from Her Life in Ruins
Valerie from ValerieASCENDING
Aanchal from A Cup Full of Musings
Victoria from Inspired by Tor
Kirsten from F00d Ventures
Christy from Cookies and Cursewords
- What’s your favorite non-blog website?
- Why did you begin blogging?
- If you could vacation to anywhere and money wasn’t an issue where would you go and why?
- Do you feel like you were born in the wrong decade? If so, which decade do you think you belong in?
- Do you have any tips for keeping your content new and exciting?
- What has been your toughest aspect of blogging?
- What is your favorite trait about yourself?
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 16 year old self?
- What are three words you would say describe you and why?
- What would your perfect day look like?
- How do you stay organized between blog, school, life, etc?
Again, a VERY huge thank you to Lily for nominating me! I hope that you have enjoyed this post and learning some about me! If you decide to take part in this award please leave your link in my comments or tag me on social media so that I can get to know more about you!
Until next time..