Hey y’all! I hope you’ve had an amazing weekend! Today I will be sharing with y’all five tips on how to organize your life!
Without further ado, let’s get into it!
Getting organized is a lot easier than you may think. When I first began our homeschooling journey I knew I had to get organized, and quick, so that I could stay on top of everything on my plate. I’m a stay-at-home-mom of three in college finishing up my bachelors degree.. all while homeschooling my oldest two daughters.
I am still working on finding the best ways to organize all of our homeschool stuff but for now what we’ve got going works. I will be sharing with you the five tips/steps I took to get a better organized life before starting our homeschool journey.
- Write stuff down! I know for me it’s much easier to see how my day is going to go if I can see what’s on the agenda or what needs to be done. Also, crossing stuff off a to-do list is so pleasing!
- Declutter regularly! I try to do this by season, especially with our clothes! Also if you take 15 minutes a day to declutter a room or an area you’ll be amazed at how much you can get done!
- Make sure everything has a home! Not only is it great for staying organized but you’ll also know exactly where it is next time you need it! I’ve been moving things around in our whole house trying to find the right fit for everything.
- Delegate responsibilities or chores! Since our oldest is 11 now she’s been helping with dishes and laundry as well as picking up our main living areas. It has helped SO MUCH with my feeling of being overwhelmed when it comes to cleaning and chores.
- Put things back immediately! Doing this has made my life so much easier! Instead of waiting until after the kids are in bed I am putting stuff away once I’m done. So when it comes time to a night time pick up there isn’t much to do.
I hope these tips have helped you! By doing these five things regularly or even daily it’ll help you with organization and you’ll feel much better! It sounds like a lot of work and I thought it would be something I’d do for a week and stop but I’ve been doing these things for a while now and I’m amazed at how much more organized I feel!
Until next time..