Goal (n): the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” I have always loved this quote by Antoine De Saint Exupery. When you are setting goals you have to make a plan or guideline as to the steps you will take to get to your goal. I have made, and met, quite a few goals in the last couple years but I always have more to keep me going! Even things as simple as grocery shopping I make a game plan and follow it. It just makes everything so much easier.
There is an acronym that I learned a while back when it comes to making and setting goals. SMART.
S – Specific, significant, stretching
M – Measurable, meaningful, motivational
A – Agreed upon, attainable, achievable, acceptable, action-oriented
R – Realistic, relevant, reasonable, rewarding, results-oriented
T – Time-based, time-bound, timely, tangible, trackable
Think of this acronym the next time you make a goal for yourself! It makes it easier to attack and less likely that you’ll end up bummed from not making it.
So, what are some of my goals?
- Since I’ll be starting classes back up next week I’d like to work on my procrastination. It was TERRIBLE during my bachelor program and it causes more stress than I need so I’d like to have myself back on my weekly routine by mid November.
- Finish my psychology degree with at least a 3.6 GPA! I know I am capable of this as I’ve gotten higher GPA’s in the past it will just be a little harder now that I’ve got three little ones.
- Get ahead on lesson planning. I was doing pretty well with this at one point then I fell out of the routine. I would like to get school lesson plans laid out up until Christmas/New Year holiday by middle of November.
- By the end of the year I’d like to declutter our homeschool stuff and figure out a better way to store & organize everything.
- Blog twice a week, every week and lay out ideas for new topics and such. This is an ongoing goal for myself that I’d like to accomplish each month.
That’s just a few that I’ve got laid out for myself.
What are some of your life goals?
Until next time…