Going through the process of trying to conceive a baby is a lot of work. There are a lot of things that you can do to help you track your ovulation and fertile days as well as things to do to help you better your chances of becoming pregnant. Below are a few things you can do to help you conceive.
- Make an appointment with your OB to talk about the health of your body to make sure that it’s ready to carry a child.
- Track your menstrual cycle.
- Figure out the days that you will be ovulating.
- Eat healthy and avoid strenuous workouts.
- Avoid alcohol and cigarettes.
- Have sex during your most fertile days, beginning three days before ovulation until the day of ovulation. If you have sex every other day you will have healthy sperm ready for when your egg is released. Don’t go through a long dry spell. If you haven’t had sex for a while make sure your SO ejaculates at least once within a couple days of having sex to get rid of dead sperm that may be built up.
- Make sure your SO has healthy sperm! Cut out alcohol and cigarettes, eat healthy, and avoid hot baths, saunas or hot tubs. The changes that your SO makes will take a couple months to build up the health of the sperm so don’t be let down if it doesn’t happen right away.
- Start taking a prenatal vitamin.
- GIVE IT TIME! Do not stress over it every month, which I know is easier said than done.
Those are the tips that I had found helpful when TTC our two planned pregnancies. It’s hard not to stress but stress will do more bad than good, so try to keep it at bay.
If you have anything that you want to add make sure to comment below!