In our house we don’t do Elf on the Shelf because well… I don’t want to deal with it and I don’t think my oldest would believe the whole idea behind it.. but I do enjoy seeing what people come up with for their Elf to do each day!
I wanted to share with y’all a few ideas that will hopefully bring a little cheer to your family this holiday season and put a smile on your kids’ faces after such an overwhelming year!
- Quarantine for 1-2 weeks because of COVID
- Put inside Tupperware or ziplock baggie so that kids can carry their elf with them.
- Make Olaf out of TP rolls
- Elf on the train tracks (laid across tracks with tape over mouth & hands taped together)
- Elf draws funny faces on picture frame glass
- Elf doodles of fruit peels – written messages or funny faces
- Elf takes “bubble bath” in a bowl of marshmallows
- Write out “I’m back” with candy or chocolate miniature kisses
- Hide & seek games with Elf (hide in Christmas Tree)
- Getting into trouble with other toys of children’s.
- Elf sick day (for those mommas that need a break!)
- Elf brings new pajamas or small toys
- Elf brings a Christmas Eve box
- Popcorn & Christmas movie
I hope that these ideas will help you enjoy this tradition with your kids, or at least allow them to laugh and enjoy it! I don’t actually think I have heard a parent say they enjoy this little Elf after the first couple days of having to move him. LOL.