I know in my last blog I shared that we were moving. However, things took a turn and we are currently dealing with things that need to be repaired before we can sell and because of this the new, exciting year has turned just as shitty as 2020 was.
Because of how shitty this year is going right now.. I wanted to share some things that I am grateful for because not EVERYTHING in my life is shitty.. it just feels all consuming. These are obviously in no certain order.
- Autumn – My first born. She made me a mom and unknowingly changed me into a better person. She made me realize love at first sight is real; I felt it when I first looked at her.
- Sophia – My second beautiful daughter. She showed me that I am capable of loving more than I thought. I wasn’t sure if I could love another the way I love Autumn. But she showed me it’s definitely possible.
- Elyssandra – My third and final baby girl. It’s funny how we were a one and done family and then we got blessed with three kids. Ellie has been my light in a dark time. She’s the craziest kid and brings a smile to everyone’s face.
- My husband – Man, if it weren’t for him I’d be a totally different person, in more ways than one. Not only did he give me the blessings that call me mom he also helped me become a stronger person, inside and out. He’s been my rock through so many hard times and as I have navigated through closing chapters in my past so that I can look at the present and the future in a healthy way.
- My education – I’ve come so far and have so far to go but I’m blessed to be able to say I’m bettering myself and my family because of my education.
- My life – I’m alive, healthy, and still going strong despite all the shit that’s brought me down.
- My determination – This might seem odd, but if it weren’t for my determination I wouldn’t be where I am today.
- The future – Whatever it may hold, it’s going to be the best experience.
- Hope – The hope that my kids will be happy with their upbringing and the experiences we’ve provided them with.
- Happiness – Not only my own happiness but everyone around me as well.
- Commitment – Again, may come off strange but if you don’t fully commit to what you’re going after you’re wasting your time. Commitment is very important.
I could go on because I am thankful for everything in my life. This last year has shown me in more than one way never to take anything for granted. Every little blessing and every bit of progress is worth celebrating.
I know we have all had a rough time this last year but let’s take some time to reflect on what we are thankful for. What’s something you’re grateful for?